Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cauliflower Goodness




So I started looking for a quick and easy recipe to use some cauliflower in my fridge. I found a Paula Deen recipe on foodnetwork.com for Roasted Cauliflower, that looked simple enough and I had most of the ingredients on hand. I tweaked it just a little and below is my version. This cauliflower was so good I could eat a bowl of it just by itself! I highly recommend for a healthy yummy snack :)


ROASTED CAULIFLOWER


2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

2 tbsp honey

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

1 tbsp Dijon or spicy brown mustard

1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme

1/2 tsp salt


1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.

2. Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet.

3. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, mustard, thyme, and salt. Add to cauliflower, tossing gently to coat.

4. Bake until the cauliflower is tender, about 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Serve.


3 comments:

  1. I love cauliflower and roasted one must have tasted heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katerina, yes it was delicious! Let me know if you try the recipe sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly